Veronica Hernandez and The Last Blog, By J.K. Rowling

I won't get to read this in class, but who cares, I just need this feeling of closure. Maddie is litty.

Agenda 

BLOG - Correcttions 
collect trip slips 
10 Things 
Last letters... 

HW- field day tomorrow! 



Ms. Nakada emphasizes the idea of our last assignment, I will really miss her but Bruno's screams I will not. I'm not done with my letter to my future self, I've rewritten it a bunch of times. Most of it is me making sure I don't become a freaking marine biologist. 

REASONS WHY NOT TO BECOME A MARINE BIOLOGIST
- Too many marine biologist, not enough good presidents 
- Math

Ms. Nakada attempts to read a letter she wrote to our grade but it's proving really difficult because our class sucks. I will miss us until I form a close bond with my ninth grade English class. Will it be a hate bond or a love bond? I've begun reading the letter myself, everyone is taking to long. Oh wait, spoke too soon, Ms. Nakada begins to read the letter. Before I finished that sentence, we get off track once more. 

UGH! NANOWRIMO! I HATED THAT! My novel was awful, that's a cliche statement but it's a true one. 

The letter is sweet and funny. It reminds me of the 90s movie called 10 Things I Hate About You except that letter in that movie was sad. This one is sweet and nostalgic. Ms. Nakada advises us to keep writing and keep reading. Sounds easy enough. Staying organized? That might be difficult... 

BOOKS YOU SHOULD READ OVER THE SUMMER A LIST BY VERONICA
  • 1984 (I heard it was good). 
  • Hamlet 
  • The Little Prince
  • Any book written by Noriko Nakada
Ms. Nakada rants to us and tells us to clean our stuff up. Cleaning my backpack I can do, my room? Not so much. I hate cleaning my room because every time I end up finding one of my old DS games and I start playing them. Last time I found Mario Bros. 

Ms. Nakada tells us we need quiet away from screens, sounds so Gen X of her. She tells us to follow our dreams but Shonda Rhimes tells us to ditch the dream and become a doer, not a dreamer. Who do I listen to? Hint: It's the one who wrote Scandal. Yale? Yale is for losers. 

WHY YALE SUCKS
  • The name sounds like a fish name 
  • Fish names are not bad but they are not ideal
I think what I'll miss most from Ms. Nakada is not her notes in the margins of my essays and poems but the way she says "y'all" unironically. Gross. I love her so much. She's so amazing. Bruno is bitter he's not up here doing my job. Ms. Nakada is shocked that most of the class has skipped the class to watch Black Panther. Regardless, she asks us to keep in touch and she asks us to make sure every moment counts. I hope that if I ever become homeless Ms. Nakada takes me in. That would be really sweet. 

I'm really excited for high school. I'm ready to meet new people, join new clubs, take interesting classes... High school will be fun! 

YAY! WE GET TO WRITE LETTERS TO THE SEVENTH GRADERS NOW! I have to hurry and finish my future self letter so I can write stuff to my favorite younglings. 

Bruno tried to write, the fool. Doesn't he know he is a mere mortal in the presence of a god? I am a divine being, my true form expands beyond the knowledge of the human mind. I am neither here nor there but also everywhere. You will never understand, pesky humans. 

PARENTING ADVICE FOR MS. NAKADA
  • Don't bring your child to school and allow him to high five all of the class if he has a deadly disease. 
  • Teach your daughter to kick boys where the sun doesn't shine when they kiss her without her consent. 
  • Help them with their homework and don't berate them for asking for help. If you do that, they'll never ask for help from anyone again. That I know. 
I've begun a rant on staff at Emerson insisting poor and homeless people are poor and homeless on purpose. Ridiculous. I have a lot of emotions on that, alas, I need to finish my letters. Mingus roasted Bridget. 

Bridget to Ms. Nakada: During middle school I've lost who I am and have done terrible things. You're still my favorite teacher, though.

Mingus: Maybe those terrible things are who you are. 

Jeesh. What the heck? 

Ms. Nakada just blew my hecking mind. We both read this poetry book called The Poet X in which the main character's name is Xiomara. Xiomara is pronounced Zee-Oh-Marah. That brings the question: is the book title pronounced "Poet X" as in x-ray or "Poet X" as in xyolophone, with a 'z' sound? 

The bell has rung, it its time for the final blog to come to an end. My last message is this: 

Please never become a marine biologist. Instead, contribute something to society. Honestly, going to a fake Hogwarts thing in Sweden to do some weird role play of Harry Potter is better than marine biology. NEVER BECOME A MARINE BIOLOGIST. But above all, remember all the cats, remember all the faces, the screams, the protests, and remember consent. Remember the poetry, the novels, the books, the essays. But above all, remember that no one matter. Remember that none of our legacies last forever. Remember you are fleeting. Remember you are average and unimportant. 

Momento Mori, children. Momento mori. 




Comments

  1. I feel so honored. I was mentioned in this blog a whopping 2 times. Yay! Also, marine biology is how you learn about fishies. We need marine biologists if we want to learn about fishies. Do you even love fishies? FISHIES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The final blog. This was the final blog and they let Veronica do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just kidding of course as this was a good blog. But I wanted more fishies. I'd give it a 9.5/10. Indeed a good blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I apologize for my earlier comments about Ben. Ben is amazing(sometimes). I will miss this class

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this blog and, Veronica, you should start going by Xeronica. That would be amazing. You are amazing. I'm going to miss the cats and the screams and the faces and the protests and the consent. I'm going to miss you all, as unimportant and fleeting as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, jeesh, what the heck?! Oh, Ms. Nakada, no one will miss you more than I will. You were my favorite teacher! Like I said in my letter to you, you're the English teachers in books that give students their voices. For that, I am thankful.

      - Xeronica

      Delete
  6. 🇸🇻 UPDATE #10:

    A bit more than three years later, we hit the double digits. Wow. I have no clue who, if anybody, is gonna read this, but eh, who cares. Closure is closure.

    Anyways, I’m in El Salvador again. You might be aware if you’re still keeping in touch with me (if you aren’t, @thordonola on Instagram and thordono13 on Snapchat, I miss y’all), and it’s once again pretty dope. I came here because I remembered the previous updates I did here and wanted to know again how the last trip went, but I ended up not writing after our day in San Salvador which pissed me off. 36 months really does stuff to your memory.

    That’s not really why there’s the tenth installment of El Salvador Update, though, because I ended up staying and going through all our DC blogs, the Argentina rants (we love y’all but please stop spitting on our players during football matches thanks), and the chaos that were the comment sections. Basically, a huge throwback to better or worse times depending on if middle school was when you somehow peaked in life or not.

    Glad to say my peak is still ahead of me, because wow, I was an absolute mess in middle school. I don’t even think that’s something that’s disputable depending on if you remember me well enough or not. Regrettable choices throughout (including the Argentina rants, oh my God why didn’t I stick with the prompt) really made me wonder what was going through my brain. Asides from hormones, which I’ve largely come to peace with now.

    Over the three years since Emerson I’ve matured a very great deal in virtually every aspect. Physically, emotionally, and especially mentally. I’ve passed six feet tall, for the most part can control my feelings now, and yeah I’m not the complete maniac that I used to be. Thank God for that last part especially, because in yet another scenario where I gotta start fresh and barely know anyone, I’ve managed to thrive and get myself settled into a place whose social structure is already set and stone. All the more impressive considering I’m going to El Segundo High, where everyone has known each other since leaving the womb and all the cliques were set and stone before I even first set foot on campus.

    Point is, things change. Often for the better. Everything you see around you and everything you currently are is temporary. Give it some time and your situation will likely be completely different, and that’s something that you gotta accept and embrace. Use this change as an opportunity to adjust your mentality, because that alone judges how you’re gonna do in what time you do have in this world. Mistakes can stop being mistakes and start being lessons to learn from. Victories can stop being victories and start being markers from which to begin to push yourself even further, farther and higher than you’d ever imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m in the middle of my junior year like most of y’all, and even though I’m largely happy with how I’ve improved, I’m not perfect and neither are you. If you’ve put yourself on a high horse thinking you’re some godly force of nature, then how does it feel to be in some of the strongest denial possible? Willing ignorance of the problems that surround you can not and will not last, as one day you’re gonna realize the grave you’ve subconsciously dug yourself and the trance you’ve put yourself into during then. Am I happy? Yes. Am I perfect? No. And that’s where work comes in.

    I personally believe there’s no such thing as talent; it’s all made up by lazy people to make themselves feel better about others who actually put in the time and effort to do things. That applies to you to. The earlier you start, the earlier you can apply those gains to whatever you may so desire in the future. Got a goal? Do it. No examples because this applies to literally everything; if you wanna do it, what’s your excuse not to? Laziness? Well that can be fixed too, with that exact same mentality. Nothing is permanent, so use that fact to your advantage to change whatever you want in your world. Only you can make yourself happy, and there’s nobody else that can improve your time on the world that you’re currently live in.

    I’m leaving El Salvador tomorrow to return back home and continue the mess that is online school, bringing with me a bunch of memories, a bunch of bug bites, and a new perspective on another way of life, elements of which I can use to strengthen the way I live now and in the future. There’s no reason to dwell in the past; that’s gone and there’s nothing you can do about it, so don’t stress about something that you can’t control and instead put your manpower into something that can help future you on their journey through this thing called life.

    - Thor Dônola

    Summary: If you’re intimidated by the wall of text above and this is the first thing you look at, then congrats; said wall of text was tailor-made just for you. Now scroll back up and read the damn thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog