Jessica's Fourth Blog

Hello. This is my last blog, and I'm conflicted about what I'm feeling. On one hand, this class is fun, and probably my favorite. On the other hand, I would rather be sleeping. We started this morning like every other. Except, today we are missing a bunch of people, because they are at the A Midsummer Night's Dream rehearsal.

Agenda
Blog Corrections
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Reader's Workshop
HW: RJ 18.3
Read 15-20 pages of War Lit.

Shoshana and Veronica are passing out our poetry collections. Hannah and Delaney are passing out our portfolios. Ayden is whacking me with each thing he gets passed back. Ms. Nakada is passing out A Midsummer Night's Dream worksheets/excerpts.

Ms. Nakada tells the class to turn to page 33 in our english notebooks, titled "A Midsummer Night's Dream". This page just lists of Shakespeare plays and their morals/plots.

I will enter a picture of Shoshana's page right here.
I have ugly fingers. I'm really sorry.
Veronica tells the class that the moral of Macbeth is to "probably not kill anybody."
AN ANACHRONISM?
I'm sorry, I didn't hear what the class was saying, I just heard ten people saying "an anachronism".
Veronica is reading an excerpt from A Midsummer Night's Dream. Now, Gregory is.

We now talk about how "the course of true love never did run smooth." Does true love exist? I think no, because I've  never seen it with my own eyes. Ayden says he is in love with Conlan, but whether that is true or not is debatable. I think it's lust.

" Yo its poopooaydenpeepee just wanna take a quick poll here: does love exist?"
"I personally think people who say love doesn't exist are pretentious pessimists, and people who do either jump right into saying u love them to early or actually have the right answer thanks dude poo"

We are going over this whole love triangle (or quadrilateral) that is very present in A Midsummer Night's Dream and the plot
I am beginning to resent this play because I've been ambushed by it, six times now.

We are doing an activity where every two people get a line from the play, and we pass an apple around. When you hold the apple, you and your partner say your line. This apple throwing is getting aggressive. My partner won't let me say the line. That's okay. That's just fine.

The class discusses what themes might emerge from the lines we heard.

Here are some themes that are called out:
"daddy issues"
"rebellion"
"magic"

The conflict in this play is "Athenian Law".

This love triangle is wild. Oh! I just remembered that one line in this play where they use an acorn as an insult.

WE ARE DOING ROLE-PLAY! I'M DEEPLY ENJOYING THIS.
HARLI IS THESEUS AND AYDEN IS HIPPOLYTA. NEVERMIND BYE.

Comments

  1. Helena has major daddy issues

    ReplyDelete
  2. also would like to add kinky to the plot list, helena has a thing for dogs and Demetrius

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog