Shoshana's Fourth Blog


It's Chelsea's birthday! So happy birthday Chelsea!

Today's Agenda is:
Blog Corrections
Q & Q
15 week grades
NaPoWriMo - Prompts and Poems
HW: 16 poems and prompts written!

We start off by reading Karla's blog. Now, we are going over the quote and question of the week which results to the topic of Friends. So, apparently, Ms. Nakada does not like Friends, and I don't know if I trust her anymore.

The quote of the week is, "Dictators are always afraid of poets." - Ursula K. Leguin.

The question of the week is: When/where are you most truly yourself?
Ayden answers with, "the boys," which causes Ms. Nakada to make him rephrase his answer.

I hear a constant, "who run the world, ________."

Now, we are going through our 15 week grades. We read a poem called "There Are Birds Here" by Jamaal May. We discuss the poem and relate it to things people say. I mean the stereotypes.

Over the weekend, the prompts were given were, write a report poem, free write with your eyes closed, write a metaphor poem, what does your favorite alternate universe look life, write a favorite poem, and lastly, if your body was a house...

Karla is great, she came to visit me. Now Bridget is here.

Ms. Nakada is going around checking quotes and questions of the week. While he have the opportunity to write, revise, and read poems. Since I am tired of writing lame poems, I will tell you about the dream I had Sunday night. Basically, I was flying in a car with no doors or windows, just seats. I was screaming because we were about to hit the ceiling of the sky. After a while, we landed on a green rock in the middle of nowhere. The car disappeared and we were in the water, swimming to some random desert. There were lizards that walked like dinosaurs and were as big as dinosaurs, there were also kangaroos. Okay, the bell rang so bye! Ben this is your mention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog