Katherine's DC Blog

I woke up to the startling wake-up call. It's starting to annoy me and it's only my second day. I dress warmer than before because according to the weather app on my phone it was gonna be colder (this was only true for half the day). Soon we're heading down to breakfast (April, Camilla and myself as we are sharing a room). There are bacon, eggs and the infamous extremely slow waffle maker (also fruit, yogurt, pastries stuff and cereal), I serve myself the bacon, eggs a banana and a cinnamon roll. Once we're all done we head to the bus, where amazing Bob was waiting for us and we got on. 
    I forgot to charge my camera, so I did it on the bus because the bus has outlets, then I put some earbuds in and zoned out. Chad, our guide person, (who goes by his middle name) tells us about stuff we're passing and our schedule for the day. Then the parents make him tell us that the hotel doesn't like how much noise we were making the day before and not to try to fit all of us onto their elevator again because that doesn't work. Yeah... 
     Soon we are at our first stop, Arlington Cemetry. This place is super sad, there are so many graves and Chad said there are roughly 30 barrels a day. We see the change of the guard ceremony, which at this time of year happen every hour. We then keep heading up the path and hear about some of the more famous people that are buried at Arlington from Chad. We eventually walk up to the Arlington house (with a lot of stairs), Chad said the house had the best view in all of DC, I would politely disagree, the view from Lincoln memorial towards the reflection pool was much better, in my opinion. We go to see the eternal flame and then we're out. 
    We take another drive and end up at the mall for lunch, I eat at Chipotle. Then I sit down and read for awhile. Then, I get up and walk around the mall, when I don't find anything interesting I sit down to read again until it's almost time to meet up with the rest of the group again. (I finished my book.) After the mall, we went to G. Washington's estate, looked around and saw some animals and stuff. 
    Then, we finally went to dinner. I had a burger with chips and then they handed out ice cream, it was amazing.
    After that, we go to this plaza kind-of for a "scary" tour of Alexandria. We were split into 2 groups (boys and girls) and we headed off. There was some ghost and the lady was really trying to get us scared of room eight. We ended the tour in a cemetery, then went started heading back to the plaza we started in. On the way back a bus made a weird noise as it passed us and half the group screamed. I guess the scare tactics from earlier worked, I did flinch, but I probably would've done that anyway.
    When Bob arrives we all go running, it's quite amusing.

    We get back to the hotel and I immediately put my bathing suit on and help get a chaperone 'cause we're not allowed in the pool otherwise. The pool lady is very strict, but she usually looks amused at our antics. She once commented to me on my being the only girl in the pool at the time.
    All I'm gonna say is that there was quite an epic slash war (which I'm sure most did not appreciate) that took place.

Then I showered, made sure to plug my camera in this time and eventually fell asleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog