Haleana's DC Blog

elaena’s DC blog 

Hello! It is our last day in Washington.😭I am struggling to type right now because I cannot feel my fingers. It’s so cold. It is snowing. It is currently 30°F. We just had a snowball fight outside our hotel. Everyone went inside after half an hour because it was so cold, but some of us stayed outside. I went inside after a while and sat in the lobby with everyone. We took a picture with Bob before we left. Then, we gathered our things and waited outside to board our bus.

Our trip to the zoo was cancelled due to the snow storm:( I was so excited. I have never been to the zoo.

We went to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. It was huge. We just looked around inside for about ten minutes. Then, we all went outside and had another snowball fight. Isaac hit me in the head again. Koury hit me really hard with a HUGE snowball and it is inside my shirt so I am very soaked. I can’t feel anything.

We headed to the Fashion Centre at Pentagon City. Chad, our tour guide, handed us $10 for lunch. He told to meet him where we met him the other day we were her. In front of Shake Shack. There is so many Shake Shacks here. Everywhere we go has one. 

I got Chipotle for lunch. I sat with Alli, Dylan, Elmer, Emilien, Greg, and Xander. We all had an argument where to go next after eating lunch. Emilien, Greg, and Xander wanted to go to the Microsoft store so they can play Minecraft. Dylan, Elmer, and I wanted to go Forever 21 and Sephora. Alli wanted to get dippin dots. 
First, we went to Forever 21. It was the closest. They didn’t have fuzzy socks.☹️ My fuzzy socks are soaked because we were all running and playing in the snow. After, we went to go get dippin dots. I got cotton candy. All the guys ran to the Microsoft store. They ran back and said that it was closed due to the storm. They waited for Alli and I to get our ice cream. Then, I said let’s go to Sephora. All the guys were very against it and told us it was closed (it was not.) We were in there for about two minutes because they really did not want to go in there. The other time we were there, they hated it so much, that they ran out and Greg ran into the door. 

We sat down for a little and then went outside and played in the snow again. I was freezing once again. We met up with Chad at 2pm and loaded in our bus to go to the airport. 

We made it to the airport. We went through security and they held up my suitcase because I had a snowball in it. Luckily, they didn’t take it. 

We went on the train to get to our gate. We get to our gate and had an extra few mins to spare. I grabbed some snacks for the flight. 

I am now sitting in the plane, writing this. I will see you guys on Friday. I am too tired to go tomorrow. Bye bye! 

Here are some pictures from the trip.


Kamyjah & Izzy hit us with the snow in their hands after this picture was taken. 

The dome in the Capitol building.
Our first day in Washington DC. We just exited the airport. 

Hope diamond. It is priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog