Willa's First Blog

Agenda
BLOG⧫Q&Q
collect course expectations and letters
The Outsiders
reading journals
HW: RJ 1.1 T.O. p. 1-18

The second day was upon us, and I was relieved to be entering Ms. Nakada's classroom without the scathing burden of textbooks to carry.
At our arrival, we copied down the agenda and revealed our homework. During this time, Ms. Nakada asked for a volunteer to write the first blog of the year (or second, if you're counting hers).
Suddenly, my name was uttered out of near everyone's mouths, and without my consent, I was sent to document the day in my very own voice.

If you were to ask me to describe my election, I would say it was like the Hunger Games; except that I didn't volunteer and no one saluted me.

So far all that has happened was Ms. Nakada furiously manipulating the computer and introducing us to such legends as the aisle pile and the 'in box'.

Also, we were handed The Outsiders, which the majority of us cracked open immediately to get started at reading. I had finished it in the prior trip to Canada, so I wasn't concerned about falling behind. I observed the posters on the wall of the recently formulated resistance as well.

Now, we are creating table of contents for our English notes, which apparently I will do later as no one has instructed me otherwise.
And it happened, the quote was none other Ralph Waldo Emerson. I'm not surprised. It always either him or Wayne Gretzky. Did I spell that right? Probably not. Fingers crossed for Maya Angelou next week.
Ms. Nakada just inquired of the class what we think he meant when he said, "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Her answer was that she thinks he's saying it's hard to be yourself. She wrote this in an almost illegible scrawl, surreptitiously and somewhat passive-agressively masking her answer from us.

Question of the Week: What do you hope?
I hope for the changes happening for me both socially and academically will translate (eventually) to tranquility.

Also, for the students to beat the faculty in the softball game. I would ask for good luck, but I doubt we need it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog