Ms. Nakada's First Blog

Agenda
Welcome
course expectations
syllabus ⃟ BLOG
first day letter
HW: Return signed expectations and letter to Ms. Nakada

It was already 4th period! The first day was flying by when my fourth period came in. My new students chose their seats in the room and everyone started to write down the agenda. I took attendance and got to know all 37 of my new students.

After attendance, we went over the course expectations. We talked about supplies, homework, grading, and class rules.

Then, we went over the syllabus. We have so much to read and write and discuss and think about.

We will be starting with The Outsiders and think about how race/class/gender impact stories and our communities.

After that, we came up with this blog name. I forgot to do this with almost all of my other classes, so at least we have a blog in this class.

I read my letter to students, and talked about the homework for tonight (get the course expectations signed, and write a letter to Ms. Nakada).

My letter included 10 things I want all of you to know about me, but you could write about what you hope, what you want to learn, or what you want me to know about you. I can't wait to read them!

And with that, the first day was complete.

*note: some students left through the back door. Please read the sign.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog