Charlotte's First Blog

I had almost convinced myself that the day I was chosen to be the blogger would be the worst English class of my life, which was why I was so suprised when I volunteered myself for the unwanted position. I greatly suspect that I will be glad to get this over with.

Agenda
BLOG
corrections
 T.O. Chapter 4
RJ✓
Reader's Workshop
Elements of Plot

Homework:
RJ 2.3 T.O.
P. 68-84
Quiz on Chapters 1-4 tomorrow!

We began the period with copying down the agenda, then jumping straight into Bridget's blog corrections. Ms. Nakada strongly defended the Oxford comma, giving us a news title in which it appears, due to the lack of the comma, that Obama and Castro are getting married. We went over our reading journals for the 4th chapter of The Outsiders. "The blue Mustang rolls up with five Socs. They start a fight and try to drown Ponyboy. Johnny kills a Soc, and they go to Dally for help. Dally gives them money and a place to hide" was Ms. Nakada's summary. After Bruno shares his summary, everyone is astonished by the word "intermediary."

We begin a short Reader's Workshop.

When 10 minutes is past, Ms. Nakada instructs the class to get out our English notes. We title our fourth page "Elements of Plot." She tells us that all stories have certain elements of plot. Drawing a plot line with the labels Beginning, Middle, and End, we write under Beginning "characters, setting, and conflict" and label our rising action, climax, and resolution. Ms. Nakada use the first chapter of The Outsiders as an example of how Elements of Plot are portrayed in our class read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jackie's Last Blog

Mirae's Last Blog

Charlotte's Fourth Blog